Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Va-Va-Voom! Girls

As I mentioned I've been inspired by Fashion and Paper Dolls lately. Not necessarily the actual appearance of these dolls as we traditionally know them, but the concept of the same (or similar) body shape with interchangeable "looks". Out of this, the concept for the Va-Va-Voom! Girls was born.
The concept is fairly simple...but fun.
Paintings of similar sizes and compositions for create-your-own easy mix-n-match diptychs and triptychs (think Art Garanimals LOL!). Each Va-Va-Voom! Girl, much like a Bratz or Barbie comes with a name and back-story/line (starlet gowns, swim wear, fantasy wear...).

And of course, they are all full-figured and fabulous!

As I began to play with the concept, I stuck to basic body-hugging solid color gowns. I'm excited to see where this series takes me and how far I can take it.

The first four gals are each acrylic on canvas and 10x30" each.


"Veronica"


"Valerie"


"Vanessa"


"Victoria" (SOLD)

side by side:

No comments: