Thursday, July 31, 2008

Change of Pace

Next Wednesday I will hang the "Two-Faced!" show at the DC Center. That show will consist of Latin Pop images and some collaborative abstracts I painted a while back with my good friend, (and one of my favorite artists, don't tell him I said so) Mike Trovato.
I spent the last few weeks working on some new Latin Pop images for the show. Now I've got enough.
Next week (and possibly half a day tomorrow, if I can squeeze it in) will be an ALL ABSTRACTS week! I haven't worked abstractly (non-objective) for a while and I've got a pile of 10x10" and 12x12" canvases just begging to be laid out on a table and worked. (that almost sounded crude, but we're talking art supplies here, get your heads out of the gutter)

Mixed media play-time, yay!

3 comments:

PurpleTrekkie said...

Cool! I really like some of the abstract collaborations you two have done -- I'm really interested in seeing what flows out of you working on your own. :-D

John Gascot said...

Me too, LOL. It's been a long time and I'm going into it with no specific plan-of-attack.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'd love to see your abstracts.