Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sales vs. Sales

I just heard from a dear friend. She told me she'd just purchased (we say "adopted") one of my Va-Va-Voom! Girls from Raw Style Gallery.
I was telling her how happy I am that "Vanessa" is going to live with her and be a part of her collection (If I'm not mistaken, this will be her 5th Gascot).

All sales are a good thing. They afford you the opportunity to continue doing what you love. The words "That'll look great over my couch. I'll take it!" or "I just painted my bedroom that color, it'll go perfect!" are music to just about any artist's ears.
But there are sales, that are particularly exciting for the mere fact that you know the person is purchasing because they have a true love, appreciation and unique personal connection to your work.

Have fun at your new Chicago home, Vanessa!

Va-Va-Voom! Girl "Vanessa"
Acrylic on canvas/10x30"


No comments: