Thursday, September 14, 2017

Making Art After Hurricane Irma

Hurricane Irma has come and gone. While we were left without power for 3 days (some remain without electricity) and sustained some damages locally, we are very fortunate in comparison to what could have been. Nonetheless, it has been a trying and unsettling experience and our Pinellas County/Tampa Bay community has shown its best side rallying together to rebuild.

Prior to Irma I'd been nagged by an urge to focus on works on paper for the next 3 months to a year. Specifically, I felt the need to create a butterfly image. Yesterday I returned to the studio and created this. Butterflies are a sign of rebirth, renewal and freedom. This is the first piece of art I've made since Hurricane Irma turned many Florida lives upside down.

Each one-of-a-kind block print is matted to 8" x 10" and priced at just $20.
You can order your own from my Latin Pop Shop Etsy store.





No comments: