Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Shirley on Central

During my travels last week I saw a flash of Teal and the word AIR to my right while driving up Central Avenue. I slowed a bit and immediately thought I NEED TO PAINT THIS WOMAN! When I was done switching artwork at Pom Pom's, just a block or two up the street, I drove back in hopes she would still be there. I pulled up and rolled down my window. 
"I'm an artist. Can I take your picture? I need to paint you." I said.
"You want MY picture? ME?" she replied, followed by "Tell you what, how about a late birthday present? My birthday was December 2nd."
"I have a few bucks in my wallet."
"5 dollars. Can I get 5 dollars to get me a sandwich?" she negotiated.
Enjoy your sandwich Ms. Shirley Ann. You made my day. I can't wait to paint your picture and I hope I run into you again so I can bring you a print of it when it's done.




Shirley (Central Avenue, St. Pete), acrylic and ink on canvas, 30" x 40"

No comments: