Monday, October 6, 2014

Coffee Label Contest Entry #1


Joffrey's Coffees & Teas, with whom I recently exhibited at their Art of the Roast event in Tampa, FL, searches the planet for single-origin coffees to share with their fans. They introduce a new Origin Coffee quarterly each year. Joffrey's is currently holding a contest for artwork to be featured on the label of their first ever Artist Edition coffee...Indonesia.

Getting my head around the fact that what I am creating is not a typical Gascot painting, but something that starts there but should be flexible enough to use as a graphic was a bit tricky at first. There were spaces of the canvas I wanted to fill with intricate embellishments, but am editing my entries to offer colorful detail that still leaves room for company branding. With this entry I took inspiration from the country's traditional masks.

Stay tuned for another one or two (three?) entries and keep your fingers crossed for me.

Indonesia 1, acrylic on canvas, 11" x 14"

No comments: