Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Mike Ruiz: Fierce, Flawless...FUN!

How excited was I to receive these in the mail yesterday??


When I had the opportunity to trade artworks with renowned photographer Mike Ruiz I didn't just jump, I POUNCED at it. I have been a fan of Mr. Ruiz for a very long time. Not only because he creates flawless and fierce imagery that exudes style and a distinct sense of FUN, but because he is the type of artist I strive to be. Community is never forgotten or left behind. He uses his gift and vision as a vehicle to give back. He has been a long time supporter of GMHC, the oldest provider of HIV/AIDS care, prevention and advocacy and the Ali Forney Center, a shelter for homeless LGBT youth in New York City.

I am proud to have my works included in his art collection and thrilled that my partner and I now have a small collection of his images to build on.  WIN-WIN!

Support artists who give back.


No comments: