Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Inspiration Outing: Pt 1

Yesterday was a gray and gloomy day.
I dedicated the day to soaking in some inspiration and headed to the gallery and boutique-lined streets of Old Town Alexandria.

There is no better way to recharge one's artistic batteries, than by seeing other creative folk at work or visiting an artful space.


The Torpedo Factory offers plenty of both. As the name suggests, this tremendous space was actually a torpedo factory many years ago. Located on the Potomac waterfront, it now houses six galleries, two workshops and eighty-two artist studios.






You guessed it: I would SO love some space there!
On my way home I stopped by the art supply store and treated myself to some supplies for a series of mixed media collage pieces I'm planning.

No comments: