Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I'm going back to women!

Well, in a sense. I love women, but let's not get carried away!

I've had terrible painter's block over the past few days.
It began when, in efforts to produce some "gifty" items to put at the galleries for the upcoming holiday season, I decided to paint some switch plates (I should know better).
I did this once, a few years ago, successfully. I kept them very simple at the time. This time I tried doing some more complex abstract work on them...quite unsuccessfully. There are so many layers of thick paint on a few of them, that I don't even think the "texture" thing will work.

In any case, I've gone 'round and 'round with these little shits for two days now! Arrrrghh!
I desperately want to paint, but nothing is coming out right.

Solution: going back to what I love painting most...WOMEN.
Female faces and forms are almost always subjects I can return to for some centering and regrouping.

Here are a few "loose" faces and two not-quite-as-loose ones:













All are acrylic on canvas board/ 5x7"

No comments: