Saturday, September 19, 2009

Yesterday's News

This week's Project Runway brought us the "unconventional materials" challenge. Newspapers, this time. To be honest I just wasn't all that excited by any of it.
Johnny sent a dress down the runway that was uninspired and lazy. I've seen more fashion at the bottom of a birdcage. He lied about what happened to his first design (which Tim trashed) and once again cried over the hardship of beating addiction. WE GET IT JOHNNY YOU WERE AN ADDICT. Our sympathy for you ran dry episodes ago. If you'd used beating your past addiction as something to gain inspiration and strength from we'd still be there with you. Instead you brought it up, if not as an excuse then to divert attention from lackluster design, every time you failed to rise to the challenge.


zzzzzzzzzzzz

Johnny's departure resulted in Emarie being sent home. I've made no bones about my thoughts on Emarie's model-potential. She does seem like a sweet girl and I felt bad to see the girls crying for her in the green room.
I felt a bit disturbed, however to see Ebony fall to pieces (literally on the floor sobbing uncontrollably) at the model apartment when Emarie said goodbye.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying Models of the Runway. I'm a sucker for just about any modeling competition. To make the Models a bit more interesting they should have the designers learn what their challenge will be BEFORE picking their model. Then they might have more incentive then to switch on occasion because certain models might fit their vision of that challenge more, thus adding interest to the modeling competition.

And when they had the Models as Clients challenge, the models should have been able to PICK their designer and that would've stirred things around as well.

No comments: