Monday, September 21, 2009

Dirty Little Secrets



I know we are all Serious Fine Artists, and as such, some would say we are to use only the creme-de-la-creme of art supplies. Certain more expensive brands of paint do offer better coverage/flexibility, this is true.
But in tough economic times we all must stretch our dollar and that goes beyond the grocery and department store. For artists, this also applies to our favorite store: The Art Supply Store, where we take that leap across the aisle to enter the often (and unfairly) maligned "Craft Supply Zone".
(cue Twilight Zone theme music!)

Delta Cermcoat paints must be one of the Fine Artist's biggest Dirty Little Secret. LOL!
I see it pop up (constantly and consistently) in the background of a lot of folk's studio pics.
They're really a great way to supplement your arsenal (and generally have pretty good opacity).
I just love 'em.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have been using Delta Ceramcoat Acrylics for my ACEOs. There's a wide variety of colors. The 8-pack's of paint cups are easily transportable. I took them on vacation with me.

Sometimes I use them for underpainting.