Monday, March 15, 2010

Adventures in Linocutting

I still have much to learn about linocutting. I tried my hand at another image (this one based on my Guitarrita paintings). While I am not completely unhappy with the block itself I am less than thrilled with the prints I pulled from it.

I was not successful at getting even results on the paper. The print pictured above was the best of the bunch. I don't know if my results have anything to do with the type of ink (water soluble) I'm using. Perhaps parts are beginning to dry quickly, creating the lighter spots. I don't think it has anything to do with the amount of ink (not using enough) because when I added more, the prints lacked definition and just looked...well...a mess.

The experiment continues...

No comments: