Monday, January 25, 2010

The First Cut

I promised myself I would wait until I was done with my current commission (which I almost am) before diving into my box of linocut goodies, but like that corny old saying goes, some promises are meant to be broken.
Last night I could no longer wait so, sitting at my desk, in front of my computer (watching linocutting tutorials on youtube), I carved my first block. There is still much for me to explore and master, but I can already tell it is a medium I will enjoy greatly! I am so excited at the possibilities that lie ahead.

I began by not carving deeply enough and using entirely too much ink.
After carving the block further and easing up on the ink here's what I achieved:

Day & Night/print #10
linocut/4x6"

Not too shabby for my very first attempt, I think.

No comments: