Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Greetings from England!

I love it when clients send me photos of their Gascots.
I always refer to my paintings as living beings (him, her, he, she) and always talk to clients in terms of the pieces going to live with them. It may all sound a bit strange, but most people don't seem to mind.
It is because my paintings are like children I'm sending off into the world. A few collectors even refer to their purchases as "adopting" a Gascot. LOL

Here is a shot of a recent painting "Zen" with his new family.

Val & Selden with "Zen"

Val had her eye on a Buddha print I have on Imagekind. When her sweetheart of a husband got wind of this he quickly contacted me and we schemed up a story about how I was going to be carrying the prints myself in a few weeks and would let her know when I had them to sell. Emails were flying back and forth simultaneously. I'm so glad I didn't screw up the surprise by sending the wrong information or question to the wrong person. Instead, of course I painted an original piece for them. I was thrilled to see her reaction (he even taped it for me). It meant so much as an artist (and friend).

Enjoy "Zen" for many many years, guys!
All my love.

No comments: