Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Veggie Garden Time!

Spring and early summer are favorite times of the year for me because I get to go start my gardens. Last year I had a massive vegetable garden which took up most of my summer. This year our new home does not allow for such a large garden. Our backyard is very big but not very sunny so I had to set up my veggie garden in the front. I am not typically a fan of how this looks but there are hedges that almost create a garden-within-a-garden look and I think it will look very nice when it's all finished.

Last week we went plant shopping, a yearly birthday weekend tradition. So far I've planted the following:
3 types of tomatoes, green peppers, red peppers, yellow summer squash, green zucchini, cucumbers, kale (which I've already been cooking), basil, purple basil, Thai basil, culantro (a very exciting find, for my Puerto Rican dishes!), cilantro, oregano, sage and rosemary.








1 comment:

Veronica Williams said...

Sounds like you've got all the makings for a great salad. :-) Happy gardening!