Monday, September 18, 2017

Charlie's Joint





I've been wanting to "dirty up" my Latin pop work with painterly qualities and texture for a while now. While my love of flat color fields and bold lines remains, a desire to loosen things up without losing my identifiable signature look has been nagging at me for a while. I think that Charlie's Joint achieves this. I look forward to continued exploration of this approach. I named the painting Charlie's Joint because I listened to nothing but Charlie Parker during its creation. I painted the original piece using house paint, acrylics, ink and collage.
The original has sold but limited edition prints are available in sizes ranging from 11" x 11" to 44" x 44". You may purchase your very own through my online store, Latin Pop Shop on etsy or by visiting my studio.

No comments: