Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Trans Art Project Show Title

I launched this project without a title for a few reasons. Well, to begin with, I simply didn't have one. But aside from that, I wanted to begin painting this series with only what I know from experience in my pocket and as few pre-conceptions as possible.
That said, I've grown tired of referring to it as "Trans Art Project" as it's begun to sound too cold and clinical to me. I'm wearing a paint-covered apron, not a lab coat.
I've done some thinking and I think I've got my title.


tran·scend
tranĖˆsend/
verb
gerund or present participle: transcending
  1. 1.
    be or go beyond the range or limits of (something abstract, typically a conceptual field or division).
    "this was an issue transcending party politics"
    synonyms:go beyond, rise above


No comments: