Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Pop Pet Portrait Commission

I must admit that I've always been a bit hesitant when it comes to pet portraiture. Not that I'm a snob against it, just that I never really felt a calling for or pictured myself doing it. When a commission came in from a collector and dear friend, I could not say no. As part of the request, I was given full creative freedom to "play" and make it my own. This made all the difference in the world and my hesitations melted away. I ended up having a lot of fun in the process. The result was "Prince: Daydreamer". The portrait was a Christmas gift and I have been informed that the recipient was thrilled!

I am certainly now open to the idea of further portraits.






Prince (Daydreamer)
Acrylic, spray paint and glitter on canvas
18" x 24"

No comments: