Friday, November 13, 2009

Project Runway Finale: Part 1

I'm rootin for Carol Hannah, but I have to admit, conceited, pretentious and over-confident or not some of Irina's pieces (especially those huge criss-cross knits) looked DEEEvine.
And the little hats!!! Oh, the little hats!

This Carol Hannah design got a lot of air time last night. I do like it a lot, though I wish the top of the skirt was trimmed down a bit. Still, I can't wait to see it fully styled and on the runway. I'm sure Lisa will work the hell out of it!

What Irina lacks in personality she certainly makes up for in talent. I mean,her clothes actually make Kalyn look like she can model something outside of a mall. She really is the one to beat.
You know, for all of Irina's Lush edginess, it really surprises me that she is so loyal to Kalyn and her suburban cheerleader-wholesome-sorority-sister look. I just don't see an ounce of high fashion in this girl's look. She does have tremendous UPN show star quality, however.

Did I mention the hats? ...oh the hats!

Speaking of Kalyn OMFG DID YOU SEE HER MOTHER on Models??!
I don't think I've ever seen a mother and daughter look SO much alike. Mama Kalyn's blunt bob positively SCREAMED rich bitch (in a good way).

Mama Kalyn shows Jr. how bitchy is done. PAY ATTENTION...and get Mommy another glass of bubbly!!!

The biggest surprise to me will be if Althea takes home the prize. Though one never knows. I feel like we saw less of her collection last night, than either of the other designers, and maybe that could be a hint that they don't want to give any of it away until the finale. We shall see.
I do think that Tanisha's career will probably explode after this (probably already happening).
I can't wait to see her stomp down that Bryant Park runway.

This season has offered up some of the best models of any Project Runway season.

Celine, Tanisha (who's almost too gorgeous for words), Lisa and of course, my favorite (and still missed ) Kojii.

All in all it's been a good season and I've almost gotten over having to post pics in my blog that have myLifetime.com written on them.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Hi there.

I hope this isnt too weird (now you KNOW it's gonna be weird) but I found your link thru the .org.

I've been sneaking by to visit and just wanted to say hello and that I love your work!

John Gascot said...

It's not weird at all LOL! Thank you!