Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Best Validation

A friend of mine purchased one of my small pieces as a gift for our mutual friend's daughter. We are her long-distance "aunties". LOL! Last week I shipped it out (all the way to Australia). I received this email this morning:

Hi Auntie John,

I hope you are well. I just wanted to say thank you so much for the painting you sent me.
I will thank Aunty Toni separately. I have it in my bedroom along with the postcards you sent me a while ago. It is so cool of you to send me the one I loved.

I forgot to tell mum but I had an art class last week. We are studying Feminism in Art. My art teacher (Mr Flint) was showing us slides of statues etc. I told him about you and your paintings and he was happy to take a peek at your work. Lucky I remembered your surname.

We spent the whole lesson looking at your paintings. Mr Flint said you are a huge talent and used a couple of your prints as an example for the class. Thank you again and mum thanks you too. You are the best!!!!!! You are my favourite aunty.

Love you
B.

No comments: