Monday, October 11, 2010

Prince Inspiration Week Pt.1

Music is as much a part of my creative process as are paint and canvas. Walk into my studio during work hours and you will be greeted by a variety of rhythms, vocals and musical styles. R&B, Pop, Electronica, Salsa, Jazz...each inspires me in its own unique manner.

Unless you're new to this blog, you probably know by now that for better or worse...brilliant or just downright out-there and kooky, I am a huge Prince fan.
This week I'll post a few paintings (some new, some not so new) that were inspired by the music of the Great Purple One.


inspired by Friend, Lover, Sister, Mother/Wife
acrylic on canvas/18x24"
available

This painting is also available as a print.

Friend, Lover, Sister, Mother/Wife, is an amazing ballad from Prince's 1996 triple album Emancipation. The song is one of several in the album which celebrates his then-wife, the beautiful Mayte Garcia, and their union.

No comments: